Look after your work surface
There are some simple things you can do to keep your kitchen work surface looking good. Remember that we don't replace work surfaces which have been damaged.
- Prepare food using a chopping board rather than cutting directly onto the work surface.
- Don't use harsh cleaning products or scouring powders.
- Wipe up spills straightaway to stop them staining.
- Put hot pans down on heat resistant mats or stands to avoid making scorch marks.
- Don't put electric irons directly onto the work surface.
- Protect your work surface with a glass or plastic work top saver.