Passivhaus Development at Wootton Wawen
We are excited to introduce the completion of our first Passivhaus affordable housing development in Wootton Wawen, Warwickshire.
A total of 14 affordable homes have been built at Keyte Gardens to the rigorous Passivhaus standard.
The homes have been built specifically for people with a local connection to the village in response to a desire within the Parish to have homes that incorporate environmental benefits.
The development has met local housing need, whilst also benefiting from:
• Superior levels of insulation and air tightness - radically cutting energy consumption and bills
• Quality materials and design
• Ecological zones to promote wildlife and amenity value
We have provided much more than homes, as this scheme provided community play/exercise equipment; road improvements and traffic calming; allotment development and a community woodland belt.
We showcased this journey with our stakeholders at key stages of the development process.
The scheme was made possible through partnership working with:-
- Parish Council
- Waterloo Housing Group, development agent
- Bouygues UK, construction contractor
- Morton Wykes Kramer, architect
- Aecom, employers agents
- Stratford District Council, housing, strategy, planning and funding
- Warwickshire Rural Community Council, rural housing enabling
- Homes England, grant funding
- Allens Caravans, landowners
- Cocreate, Passivhaus assessors