Passivhaus Development at Wootton Wawen
Development completed July 2018
Started on site June 2017
Foundations being dug
Start on Site
Working with the community
The Keyte Family
Agreed name for the development 'Keyte Gardens'
Working with the school
Children creating a natural woodland screen
Maximising solar gain
Fuel bills to be cut by 70%
Increase the safety of residents
Tour of flagship develpment
1st Passivhaus in Warwickshire
HRH The Princess Royal
Meeting with our Chairman, Derrick Dyas
One of our residents showcases her home
Looking around a Passivhaus with a the residents
Meeting all the residents at Keyte Gardens
We are excited to introduce the completion of our first Passivhaus affordable housing development in Wootton Wawen, Warwickshire.
A total of 14 affordable homes have been built at Keyte Gardens to the rigorous Passivhaus standard.
The homes have been built specifically for people with a local connection to the village in response to a desire within the Parish to have homes that incorporate environmental benefits.
The development has met local housing need, whilst also benefiting from:
• Superior levels of insulation and air tightness - radically cutting energy consumption and bills
• Quality materials and design
• Ecological zones to promote wildlife and amenity value
We have provided much more than homes, as this scheme provided community play/exercise equipment; road improvements and traffic calming; allotment development and a community woodland belt.
We showcased this journey with our stakeholders at key stages of the development process.
The scheme was made possible through partnership working with:-
- Parish Council
- Waterloo Housing Group, development agent
- Bouygues UK, construction contractor
- Morton Wykes Kramer, architect
- Aecom, employers agents
- Stratford District Council, housing, strategy, planning and funding
- Warwickshire Rural Community Council, rural housing enabling
- Homes England, grant funding
- Allens Caravans, landowners
- Cocreate, Passivhaus assessors