Passivhaus Development at Wootton Wawen
Passivhaus Development completed July 2018
Site Plan Started on site June 2017
On site Foundations being dug
Start on Site Partnership working
Allotment Project Working with the community
The Keyte Family Agreed name for the development 'Keyte Gardens'
Working with the school Children creating a natural woodland screen
Window orientation Maximising solar gain
Heating system Fuel bills to be cut by 70%
Road improvements Increase the safety of residents
Stakeholder engagement Tour of flagship develpment
Wootton Wawen 1st Passivhaus in Warwickshire
HRH The Princess Royal Meeting with our Chairman, Derrick Dyas
Looking around One of our residents showcases her home
Family home Looking around a Passivhaus with a the residents
Happy residents Meeting all the residents at Keyte Gardens
We are excited to introduce the completion of our first Passivhaus affordable housing development in Wootton Wawen, Warwickshire.
A total of 14 affordable homes have been built at Keyte Gardens to the rigorous Passivhaus standard.
The homes have been built specifically for people with a local connection to the village in response to a desire within the Parish to have homes that incorporate environmental benefits.
The development has met local housing need, whilst also benefiting from:
• Superior levels of insulation and air tightness - radically cutting energy consumption and bills
• Quality materials and design
• Ecological zones to promote wildlife and amenity value
We have provided much more than homes, as this scheme provided community play/exercise equipment; road improvements and traffic calming; allotment development and a community woodland belt.
We showcased this journey with our stakeholders at key stages of the development process.
The scheme was made possible through partnership working with:-
- Parish Council
- Waterloo Housing Group, development agent
- Bouygues UK, construction contractor
- Morton Wykes Kramer, architect
- Aecom, employers agents
- Stratford District Council, housing, strategy, planning and funding
- Warwickshire Rural Community Council, rural housing enabling
- Homes England, grant funding
- Allens Caravans, landowners
- Cocreate, Passivhaus assessors